1 cup quinoa
Olive oil spray
5-6 cups mixed vegetables, in 1" cube (eggplant, peppers, carrots, fennel, zucchini, onions, etc.)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1” ginger, grated
1 1/2T curry powder
1T ground coriander
1T ground cinnamon
1T fennel seeds, ground
1T ground cumin
2t black pepper
crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
1 can (14oz) crushed tomatoes, drained
1 can coconut milk
8 Whole wheat wraps or tortillas (wraps are basically just thick tortillas; but if you can’t find them, a large burrito-size whole wheat tortilla will work just fine)
- Prepare quinoa according to instructions.
- Cut vegetables into 1” cubes and spray with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 min in a 375 degree oven, or until lightly browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, place 1T olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, all spices, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Heat spices until aromatic (about 3 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Heat to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add vegetables and quinoa to the curry sauce. Let cool.
- Divide vegetable mix into eight equal portions. Place one portion on each wrap or tortilla; add cilantro. Fold up the bottom, and roll one side toward the other, enclosing the filling. Wrap the roll in parchment paper, and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
1 cup plain yogurt
1T curry powder
1T finely chopped fresh mint
Mix well, and serve as a dipping sauce.